Art Money is hiring a Business Manager.
Art Money empowers people to buy art, supporting culture and a sustainable creative economy. Using leading edge fin-tech, we enable art buyers to pay over time and artists and galleries to increase sales through a win/win business model. Operating in 3 countries with more to come, we are changing the way people buy art.
We are a small distributed global team based in NY using tech to support our fast and agile work environment, and we have a deep commitment to bringing positive change to the art market.
About the Role
As Business Manager you will manage our payables and receivables, our bookkeeping, expenses and accounts reporting, and be part of our client credit approval processes. This is a client facing role requiring people skills as well as the ability to work with numbers and software.
Supported by our Finance & Operations Director and our CEO, you will be a key member of the team with have hands on responsibility and ownership of your work, as well as the opportunity to grow professionally with the business.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference and wants to play a key role in helping us make art more accessible.
You will probably have:
• Bookkeeping or accounts payable/receivable experience (3 years minimum)
• Consumer finance experience
• Experience with accounting software, ideally Xero
• A passion for positive culture change
• A love of contemporary art
You must be:
• digitally & technically adept
• strong in execution and follow through, impeccable attention to detail
• ethical, honest and trustworthy of the highest order
• comfortable with clients on phone and email , have good people skills
• hands on, a self-starter able to work without direct supervision
• a team player , working well in small teams
• Accounts Receivable & Payable
• Overdue, doubtful and bad debts (including client follow up)
• Cashflow reporting
• tax and compliance
• liaise with accountants & auditors
• Management Reporting monthly & quarterly
• Journal local and international transactions
• transfer & payments of international funds via Forex provider
• general admin & support including data entry as required
What you can expect
• A culture of trust and openness where everyone is able to contribute and make a difference
• A hands on role in a small but passionate and driven international team
• A fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Potential to grow professionally and personally
• A fair salary with good benefits including 4 weeks holidays pa
• A full time permanent position (notionally 5 days/40 hours per week)
• To be resourced with mobile phone & laptop
Art Money is a global business and this role is currently based in New York.
Flexibility in hours and the ability to work from home is standard in our work environment.
Applications should be addressed to Shelley Fischer, Director, Finance & Operations and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by end January 2019.
To learn more about the Business Manager role at Art Money please check out www.artfrankly.com