Bark Frameworks seeks a qualified Art Preservation Technician. Backing, labeling, and checking framed works for our high-quality control standards are integral to this position. There may be time to add/learn other duties within the dept. as needed.
Please note: This position is full time and reports Monday – Friday to our shop in Long Island City. This is not a remote position.
• Previous work experience in art preservation (art handling, wrapping, backing, fitting, mat
making, hinging, or glazing) preferred.
• A thorough knowledge and practice of associated skills, specifically: measuring, cutting,
labeling, checking (quality control), wrapping, admin. paperwork, art handling.
• Excellent communication skills as this position liaises with Registration and Design.
• A passion for working to the absolute highest industry standards.
• Knowledge of safe art handling and storage practices (industry standards).
• Must be able to lift 40 – 50 lbs (supplies).
• Prior knowledge of packing travel crates a plus.
• Flexibility in assisting other departments as needed (training provided).
• Willingness to work overtime if needed.
• Positive, enthusiastic attitude with a desire for long-term employment.
• Healthcare and dental insurance
• Accrued vacation and personal time
• Paid holidays
• Option to participate in company 401k plan
• Employee Stock Ownership
• Attractive, clean, climate controlled work environment