The Laundromat Project (The LP) is seeking a Development Coordinator. This individual will play an integral role within the Development Team, providing critical administrative support to a busy and fast-paced development department. The Coordinator will assist in the administration and implementation of fundraising strategies which generate resources for the organization, furthering our ability to build lasting power within our communities.
The Development Coordinator is a newly created position that will report to the Development Manager, work closely with the Deputy Director, and provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director. This role requires someone with excellent administrative and project management skills, data management and analytical abilities, strong writing skills, and a demonstrated commitment to precision in their work. While this role is strongly focused on supporting institutional and individual fundraising, the Coordinator will also work in collaboration with all other departments at The LP to help ensure the overall mission of the organization is met.
– Provide support for the coordination of grant applications and reports for foundation and government opportunities, including maintenance of grant calendar, tracking grant deliverables, managing grants administration, coordination with cross-departmental teams, and support in grant preparation and writing
– Support the stewardship of donors and supporters, including drafting funder correspondence (invites, thank you notes, and acknowledgments), and maintaining a calendar of events
– Support research and prospecting of funders
– Maintain donor records on Salesforce and Classy fundraising platform
– Prepare monthly donor reports
– Build out effective systems for the Development Department by maintaining files and records, supporting department administration, and by managing seasonal mailings to supporters
– Support the development team with preparation of materials for meetings, and the Executive Director with meeting requests and calendar invitations
– Help inspire and inform our Board and National Advisory Board by assisting with the development of specialized correspondence, e.g, bi-monthly board newsletter, to keep them informed of programs, organizational developments, and staff highlights
– Assist with the development and management of fundraising campaigns, including annual appeals and peer-to-peer campaigns by tracking donations, drafting correspondence to supporters, and troubleshooting technical issues
– Assist in the execution of special events by tracking RSVPs and day-of logistics, and by identifying opportunities and securing in-kind donations
– Support our innovation strategies by assisting with research in identifying new sources of funding (NFTs, consulting, ambassadors, and more).
– 2–3 years of professional experience, with at least 1 year of experience in nonprofit and/or public sector preferred. Background or interest in a career in arts administration preferred
– Strong writing and research skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
– Willingness to learn and deepen skills around nonprofit fundraising, administration, event coordination, and operations
– Demonstrated willingness and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
– Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and communicate professionally with staff, board, donors, and community stakeholders
– Proficiency in Google Workspace apps (particularly Sheets) and Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel). Experience with CRMs a plus, preferably Salesforce
– Familiarity with the landscape of POC-centered arts organizations both nationally and within NYC, a plus
– Passion for learning and researching innovative strategies and/or codifying new processes
Please login to Art Frankly to learn more about this position and how to apply.