POWarts seeks a Director of Development. The candidate should be a qualified, passionate, self-motivated, self-managed and flexible individual who loves raising money as well as cultivating and building relationships and partnerships. Director of Development candidates must believe in our mission and vision, and have an understanding of the workings of the art world.
POWarts, the Professional Organization of Women in the Arts, was founded in 2008 to champion the professional lives of women in the art world. By offering an active calendar of events, panel discussions, and mentoring opportunities, POWarts helps women learn, connect, and build their careers.
POWarts believes that generosity and leadership can, and should, go hand in hand. Our programming stems from the knowledge that art and business are not separate; rather, understanding business is vital to creating spaces for art, and women, to thrive. Membership is open to women and allies of all genders who are committed to the advancement of professional women across the arts.
Director of Development:
POWarts Director of Development will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for designing and executing a strategic fundraising and marketing plan to dramatically increase earned income through sustainable funding streams, increased donor engagement, earned revenue streams and organizational visibility. POWarts has a small staff and a dedicated Steering Committee and Board of Directors all of whom the right candidate will work very closely.
This position is responsible to significantly grow the organization’s fundraising and visibility capabilities through:
– Donor Identification, Solicitation, Cultivation, Management and Stewardship
– Communications and marketing that increase awareness of programs and POWarts mission and impact
– Working closely with the Executive Director and Board to plan and execute a strong fundraising program and strategic plan that involves and leverages the resources and talents of leadership and the POWarts community
– Supporting, communicating, and furthering the mission of POWarts
– Create, execute and maintain an annual plan and budget which includes individual fundraising and cultivation; institutional fundraising; government support; and special events
– Create and oversee a marketing annual plan including strategies for audience growth, advertising, visibility, social media, database, website, and creation of marketing materials as well as devising creative marketing strategies and solutions (i.e., budget, discounts, promotional strategies, ads)
– Future and strategic planning with staff and Board including working on POWarts EDI plan
– Work closely and support POWarts Steering Committee and Board of Directors and attend and report at Steering and Board Meetings
The ideal candidate should have:
– Passion for, commitment to and is fully aligned with POWarts mission and vision, and knowledge of needs in community served by POWarts
– Strong strategic vision and agility, skilled at planning and problem solving and a record of success managing people as well as success at working independently
– A successful track record in fundraising and increasing earned income as well
– Be diplomatic and able to negotiate and navigate change graciously, while remaining clear, decisive, proactive and fair
– Be a self-starter and able to thrive in a remote environment
– Outstanding written and oral communication skills with diverse audiences, internally and externally
– Ability to manage and prioritize among multiple simultaneous projects
– Positive attitude and the ability to build rapport with diverse colleagues & external community
– Solid experience with budget development and oversight
– Entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to develop and execute a variety of activities ranging from the day-to-day to the broadly strategic
Apply today! Log in to Art Frankly to learn more about this position and apply.