Marianne Boesky Gallery seeks a full-time Director. Candidate should have a minimum of 8 years gallery experience, including a proven track record in sales and established client relationships. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Serve as primary contact for three to five artists’ studios and develop in-depth knowledge of their practices.
– Oversee and manage all aspects of artist liaison duties as related to gallery exhibitions, museum exhibitions, publications, events, calendars, consignment agreements, appraisals, artist statements, production, and marketing materials.
– Generate primary and secondary sales of gallery and non-gallery artists
– Meet annual sales targets
– Manage and develop relationships with both existing and new collectors and advisors
– Manage and develop relationships with museum curators and institutional leaders
Attend gallery openings, art fairs, dinners, and other events as needed
– Minimum eight years sales and artist management experience at a contemporary art gallery
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ambitious, proactive, organized and detail oriented with exceptional problem-solving skills
– Capacity to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
– Ability to work with others and independently when necessary
– Proficiency in Art Logic is a plus
– Valid passport for International travel
Please login to Art Frankly to learn more about this position and how to apply.