Artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person who wants to learn from a fast-paced, international environment. This internship will involve supporting the Gallery Liaisons based in New York, Berlin, London, and Shanghai with maintaining the member gallery sites hosted on our network, adding or updating artist information in Artnet’s artist database, and more. This person will report to the Associate Manager of the Gallery Network, working together as Artnet leads the way in the growing art industry.
● Build and maintain Gallery Network member sites
● Review and tag artworks by medium, style, subject matter, and more
● Edit the artist database by adding or updating artist biographies and timelines
● Take on additional responsibilities as assigned
● Current college student
● Major in Studio Art or Art History
● Foreign language skill a plus (German, French, Spanish preferred)
● Excellent command of the English language
● Proficient knowledge of PC platform, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs
● Basic comprehension of HTML and image editing
● Ability to self-motivate with a strong attention to detail
● Demonstrated writing, editing, and proof-reading abilities
● Ability to adapt to new tasks and take on new responsibilities as needed
● Ability to be trained and work remotely
Flexible schedule available with a required three-to-four-month time commitment. This internship is unpaid. The candidate must arrange with their college to receive course credit. This is a remote internship with possibility for Berlin-based candidates to work from the Berlin office.