Ortuzar Projects is hiring a Gallery Assistant.
Ortuzar Projects seeks a Gallery Assistant to join the team. The successful candidate should have at least one year of experience in a commercial gallery, museum, or art advisory firm. The candidate should be extremely organized, an excellent communicator, adaptable, and comfortable in a high-pressure environment. The Gallery Assistant will be responsible for the following roles detailed below:
• Open and close the gallery
• Maintain general gallery cleanliness (i.e trash, recycling, etc.)
• Maintain order in gallery cabinets and workspace
• Procurement of office necessities
• Assist with office tech equipment (phones/printers/computers) when necessary
• Update and maintain client database system
• Assist directors in creating sales offer packs for the gallery
• Update and research provenance for works of art and update into the database
• Interact with clients/general public (a working knowledge of current and past exhibitions is necessary)
• Help manage gallery instagram
• Update library excel document
• Additional gallery related tasks as directed by the directors and operations manager
• Adobe Creative Suites (strongly preferred)
• Artlogic or similar artwork database
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Google Sheets, Google Drive, and Google Calendar
• Sketchup (strongly preferred)
Salary commensurate with experience plus healthcare
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Gallery Assistant” in the subject line.
A list of references is not mandatory but preferred for all applications.