Associate Manager, Corporate Membership
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking an Associate Manager of Corporate Membership who will report directly to the Director, Corporate, Institutional, and Global Partners and is responsible for developing and administering the Guggenheim Museum’s Corporate Membership Program.
Committed to innovation, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation collects, preserves, and interprets modern and contemporary art, and explores ideas across cultures through dynamic curatorial and educational initiatives and collaborations. With its constellation of architecturally and culturally distinct museums, exhibitions, publications, and digital platforms, the foundation engages both local and global audiences. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network form one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
• Assists with the supervision of Corporate Development Interns
• Manage the museum’s seven-figure Corporate Membership program based in New York City and work to increase the revenue.
• Develop and steward key corporate relationships with more than 100 companies and institutions, ensuring professional and timely delivery of membership benefits and contractual obligations.
• Work creatively and responsively to increase the number of corporate members and total dollars raised through identifying prospects, designing prospecting initiatives, and collaborating with other departments within the museum.
• Prepare written proposals and budgets for corporate membership prospects in conjunction with Director, Corporate, Institutional, and Global Partners, as well as Curatorial, Education, External Affairs, Legal and Finance staff.
• Draft membership benefits and coordinate preparation of necessary documents with museum Development Operations and Legal staff.
• Work closely with Special Events department to increase corporate event business.
• Ensure the successful realization of select evening events and weekend events for corporate supporters at the museum.
• Work with Corporate Development team to identify and solicit corporate members for exhibition and program sponsorship.
• Manage program budget, including expenses and revenue goals, and coordinate internal reporting.
• Coordinate with Development Operations on updating and maintaining all Corporate Development information in Raiser’s Edge.
• Meet measurable goals and objectives for this area within established timeframes.
Qualifications and Requirements
• B.A. Degree; M.A. or M.B.A desirable.
• Minimum of 3-5 years fundraising preferably with a focus on membership programs and/or corporate support. Some additional experience in not-for-profit organizations or management is desirable.
• Excellent relationship management and customer service skills.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven project management experience.
• Event experience desirable.
• Ideal candidate is personable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and works collaboratively.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.