Hayworth is hiring a PR and Digital Marketing Intern. Hayworth is enthusiastic to engage an energetic self-starter looking to pave a career in public relations, cultural programming, and digital marketing. We are seeking a winter/spring semester intern to report directly to our Founder + CEO and assist with this fast-paced, growing company and its exciting roster of clients in the art, design, and culture arena. Roles and responsibilities include ongoing management of public relations activities, including account management, event assistance, and R&D.
Hayworth is a strategic communications consultancy committed to promoting intrepid ideas at the intersection of art and design. Founded by Ellie Hayworth, our approach is straightforward and powerful: our consultancy combines the quality and sustainability of large, institutional corporate communications with the curiosity, energy, and agility of an independent consultancy.
Candidates should be polished, professional, and self-motivated, with a strategic eye for graphic design, visual identity, and branding. Candidates necessitate impeccable written and verbal communications skills, demonstrate strong business instincts, professional discretion, and a sharp analytical mind, and have experience creating and researching content across social media and digital marketing channels, as well as editorial media. Qualified candidates harbor an astute sense of the goings-on in the contemporary art, culture, and consumer brand space.
Roles + Responsibilities for the PR and Digital Marketing Intern:
– Assist with creating PR and marketing campaigns, including researching forthcoming initiatives, assisting with formatting newsletters, preparing research-driven pitch lists, drafting pitches, identifying and servicing select press imagery, assisting with material development, and drafting of weekly client agendas
– Help fulfill press requests, track progress of press placements in company database, collect, format, and archive all press clippings and monitor ongoing press activity
– Assist the founder in event planning, RSVP management logistics, and on-site event management including check in procedures
– Coordinate with the founder of Hayworth to develop and implement content and engagement for the company’s social media channels, approving all outreach, posts, content, correspondence, and strategy for all public-facing PR and digital marketing activities with the founder
– Participate in regularly scheduled feedback meetings with the founder to analyze traction and outline ongoing strategy
Experience + Education:
– Both undergraduate + graduate student applicants welcome
– Education in Art History, Contemporary Art, Visual Arts Administration, Art Business, Public Relations, Communications, and/or Marketing preferred
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs is required
– Proficiency with digital and print editorial publications in art, design, popular culture, and business essential
– Experience with social media platforms, specifically Instagram, is essential and fluency with the wider social media market is preferred
– Experience with contact management software, e.g. Constant Contact and MailChimp, preferred
– Fluency in content creation and graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred
Hours + Academic Credit for the PR and Digital Marketing Intern :
Interns will report to the Hayworth offices in the Financial District, Manhattan. Interns are expected to contribute a minimum three week days to the internship. Part-time and special hours are acceptable. The internship term will span February through May 2020. Continued engagement to be determined upon mutual agreement of both parties. Candidates must be willing to assist with events and openings taking place outside prescribed business hours.
Interns may be granted academic credit or compensated via a monthly stipend, to be determined pending discussions of scheduling and academic requirements. The internship program is intended as a traineeship and professional practice program. Interns acknowledge that they are not entering upon a formal employment agreement.