Chashama seeks a Special Events & Cultivation Assistant. The Special Events & Cultivation Assistant is involved with a range of development, production, and administrative activities surrounding Chashama’s Annual Appeal, Gala, and year-round donor cultivation initiatives. They will report to the Special Events & Cultivation Director and will work closely with all departments as part of a small, active team.
Special Events & Cultivation Assistant Responsibilities:
• Generates mailing lists and coordinates the distribution of invitations
• Liaises with graphic designers, printers, and other vendors on the production of event marketing materials
• Coordinates the Chashama Gala silent auction, working closely with Chashama’s Artistic Director to solicit auction item donations, draft item descriptions, collect
payments from winning bidders, and ensure delivery/fulfillment of auction items post-event.
• Handles time-sensitive in-coming/out-going mail and email
• Provides logistical support for special events, including guest list management, creating look books, set-up, clean-up, check-in, and crowd management
• Participates in artist selection process
• Provides administrative assistance pertaining to artist contracts, payments, and coordination with production team
Cultivation & Development Operations
• Responds to donor inquiries
• Tracks annual income from board of directors and collects dues payments
• Researches donor prospects; maintains electronic donor files and lookbooks; tracks important communications and meetings with donor prospects in Salesforce and
• Prepares mailing and e-blast lists for donor solicitation and cultivation campaigns
• Handles donation intake procedures:
• Enters gift/donor information in Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics
• Generates acknowledgment letters
• Takes notes at weekly development meetings
• Assists with database cleanup projects
• Assists the Special Events & Cultivation Director in establishing standard operating procedures within Microsoft Dynamics
• Proven organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A strong interest in NYC’s cultural landscape and a passion for the arts and fundraising.
• Familiarity with non-profits, galleries, performance venues and/or arts administration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in Microsoft Office, Windows OS.
• Experience with Microsoft 365, Salesforce, Filemaker Pro, Airtable or other databases.
Chashama is a non-profit organization that supports artists by partnering with property owners to transform unused real estate into space for artists to create, present, and connect with the mission to increase equity and bolster diversity in the arts. Chashama is a swift and ever-evolving environment, and successful candidates must be detail-oriented, have clear communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced setting.
We strongly encourage BIPOC, AAPI, Hispanic/Latinx, LGBTQIA+ and all applicants of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds to apply. Chashama is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Log in to Art Frankly to learn more about this position and how to apply.